Sunday, February 22, 2009

Making a BIG Splash!

Okay, just lean your head to the left a little. Here's Mr. C showing his achievement of Level 2 swimming for the last two weeks at the High School. I was excited to see that the Parks and Rec provided swimming lessons.
Now here's a confession....Mr. C has done better at age 5 than his Mommy did in third grade. I have a fond memory of going to swimming lessons and starting level 1 in third grade....they told me to go in the pool and do a bob...I didn't know what it was...so I just jumped in and nearly drowned....so I went to beginners....I was there for two years straight when I decided swimming wasn't my forte....I did achieve private swimming lessons in college and now would know what to do if I needed to but hope to have a life jacket on all the while. So I'm a very proud Mommy! I accidentally signed him up for level 2 when it was supposed to be level 1....ooops! But he embraced it and did quite well to my amazement......we'll of course be repeating level 2 so he can achieve floats without support.


Lean your head to the left again! Here he is doing "front float" he just needs encouragement getting his head in the water........we watched him on a Thursday the first week and Thursday the second week and it was great improvement...he seemed so comfortable and relaxed in the water his last day of lessons.......
Red light, green light, yellow light.......with lots of kicking.........this was a favorite of Mr. C's.


Chicken, airplane, soldier....chicken, airplane, soldier.....I forget the proper terms for this stroke, but he did well coordinating it the last day.



Mr. C loving the water and loving swimming......for the last two weeks, he has eaten so well and he tells me that if he's a swimmer, he has eat really well.....that he did, that he did. He'll be taking after Uncle John, cousin Jeremey, cousin Elizabeth and cousin Jaydin in swimming.......



swim on little man, swim on!

1 comment:

Rob, Paula, Jeremey & Jaydin said...

That would be the elementary back stroke. I have also heard little bird, big bird, fly as the catch phrase. Way to go Connor!! We are really proud of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...