Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hmmmmm.......

Pondering
Thoughtful
Thinking
I'm on top of my "school" game at this point in time but that doesn't mean that it will continue to flood my boat. It's a fast cycle of bailing out--producing papers, reading vast amount of knowledge, gaining insight--then my boat refills in automatic response--more deadlines, tests, and discussions--I guess I'll see my boat floating and recovering at the end of the semester. I have two more weeks when my boat will be lighter, I will be finishing one of my classes--can I hear a woo-woo!?!
This isn't a post to get sympathy from you, just describing what my life is like right now. I actually like it. I have a defined focus with a goal in sight. I'm involved in a process of education, something I value very much. It's just a different life right now, but such is life and two years will be here before I know it with graduation in sight.
Daily Meditation
I read something in "The Word Among Us" that resonated with me today (Difato, 2010).
Make no mistake: God will always defend those who love him. While our life circumstances may range from blessed to broken, we can trust that the God of our salvation is near. He may not rescue us right away, but he will never leave our side. When we put our faith in him and exercise it through obedience, he will release powerful grace...(p.48)
I needed this today. I needed to know that God loves me and he is by my side whether I'm having a great or bad day. It also reminds me that everything is in God's plan and control, I need to let go and let him take the steering wheel. My plans and objectives may not be what God wants. When it comes to school, my perfectionism leaks out in all of my crevices. My "controlism" seems to awaken. So, I need to read a special gift I received from my MIL. It reads "Relax, God is in control." Ah, yes he is and I must remind myself frequently.
Point
I have no point with this post. I did not plan or prepare what I was going to post. I just let my thoughts take over. So, here they are.....may you enjoy the daily meditation message like I did. May you get what you need from it at this time in your life.
References
Difato, J. (2010). Meditations. The Word Among Us: Daily Meditations for Catholics, 22-32, 33- 51.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...