Friday, December 24, 2010

The Unexpected

This week has been unusual:

I laid flat on my back from Monday-Thursday because my back went out and I've narrowed the cause to going to Curves on Friday and working out 110%. It felt good at the time but boy did it bite me back hard!

Just when I thought things were going better, Paul comes home last night feeling sick and barfs all night long. By 0500 am, Olivia started where he left off. So now half of our family is down with the "barfies" and Connor and I are hoping not to get sick.

On the bright side, we have about 3 inches of snow outside and it's going to be a beautiful white Christmas!

AND, I'm supposed to work tonight at the hospital but we're down to 5 patients and I willl probably more than likely get low-census'd. We usually have just one nurse care for 5 patients! But I'm glad that people are well enough to be home with their families, it's no fun being in the hospital during the holidays.

SO, I hope to be home with my family tonight and tomorrow. I guess I won't be able to dodge sick people but at least it will be nice to be together laying around, sleeping, maybe catching some movies.

Our score for being sick on the past two holidays is 2 for 2, I sure hope we'll make it up north to Mom and Dad's for New Year's Eve.

Here's hoping for a healthy new year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...