Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Best Hawkeye Wedding EVER!

Do you know what I love about weddings? Of course the celebration of love. . .but I also love being with good friends, meeting their friends, and seeing people from your past you haven't thought of in a long time. That's what happened this weekend when my friend Kristi got married.




Match.com is the way to go! She met a great guy who ended up living in a neighboring town. So far, I've met four people who are happily married so I guess Match.com has pretty good success rate! Kristi and I know each other from my Sophomore year and her Freshman year in college. We were dorm neighbors. Little did I know that bringing up my cousin Michelle would be the link that brought us together...I dropped her name and Kristi was thinking why is this beautiful, tall blonde talking to me? (Seriously, this is how she recaps our story) and I was just thinking oh, cool what a small world!
Kristi's roommate flunked out of school the first 8 weeks of school (she, uh, partied a bit too hard and forgot to study...hmmmm) and so she had a single room! We watched a lot of "Grease" and ate a lot of chips and salsa in that room.




So, the coolest thing about Kristi and her new hubby, Eric is that they were major athletes in high school, he also played football for Buena Vista, and they both passionately love the Hawks! So what better way to celebrate their marriage, but with a Hawkeye one!

She surprised her hubby by having a bagpipe player play right when they recessed from the alter. . .and then the Iowa Fight Song played while her friends and family recessed out of the church!




Paul and I had a good time with old friends and we enjoyed having time to just ourselves. Can I count a wedding as a date?



Kristi's mom (also pictured above) is so talented in making all the decorations, flower arrangements and the cakes. Let me tell you, the cake was delicious! My friend Jeanne and I didn't know which piece to take so we sampled them all: white, white with raspberry filling, chocolate with raspberry filling, white with peach filling, and chocolate with peanut butter filling. Do you see what I mean? It was a must to try them all! I ended up indulging fully into the peanut butter one, yum!


So, the wedding was wrapped up with lots of dancing (both parents of the bride and groom danced until the last song!) and a nice brunch in the morning. Lot of good people and good times!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...