Connor had grandiose expectations; thinking all of his items would sell and he would collect a lot of money: they each made $15 (and then I gave them the rest of the money I had donated for change) so they ended up with $29. Connor was bummed, but when I told him that I made $4 at Grandma's garage sale, it made him feel better.
Take a seat and indulge in a little taste of our lives: living, loving, laughing, and learning.
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Service with a Smile!
Friday, was the big sale day. . . and the kids had eight patrons buy from them. Grandma & Grandpa Roberts, Aunt Angie, Marin, and Evan were there doing their duty as family and bought a few items. Marin was really excited about her new movies and Santa hat! We sold a baby gate, "Kangaroo Climber," movies, and some lemonade.
Connor thought of a marketing strategy that some businesses do here in the city: wave a sign and jump up and down!
The lemonade was a hot item! It was cute watching the kids man up to their jobs; Olivia asked their customer how many ice cubes she wanted and Connor filled the cup and made change. I was so proud my heart was swelling out of my chest--I think I had a little tear in my eye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment