Valentine's Day is fast approaching us and we've been busy making Valentines.
I take that back--the girls in this family have been busy creating homemade Valentines.
C-man made the process very simple: he wanted me to buy candy that already had to: and from: on it. He took ten minutes out of his time to write his classmates' names on them and then threw them in a grocery sack.
Boom! Done!
Oh, and he requested a bag to hold his classmates' valentines. I gave him a brown gift bag and he actually placed some stickers on them and drew some hearts.
Now, girls are totally different in this department; especially Liv who is an artsy-fartsy girl. She opp ed for hand made valentines and a hand made box. I wrapped a cupcake box in a bright pink and she strategically placed the stickers and wrote her name on it.
The concept for the Valentines were all her idea. She found some inspiration in a magazine or a catalogue and made one out of the blue one day. I asked her if she would want to make them for her classmates for Valentine's day and she agreed.
It took two days and the final product is almost finished. She has to sign her name to a few more to call the mission complete. I'm glad that she was independent in this project. She delegated cutting and gluing to me, otherwise she did the rest.
I remember the excitement of giving/receiving Valentines from my schoolmates. Giving each girl and boy a special Strawberry Shortcake Valentine that I strategically picked out for them.
Trying to read between the lines of the Star Wars and Hulk Hogan cards that the boys would give me. (Little did I know that back in the day, boys were forced to write out the cards and didn't care who got what).
I'm not sure what my favorite candy was, but I just remember the ever-popular red heart-shaped lollipop in addition to the conversation hearts. I can still remember taking a bite into a cookie and tasting the cigarette smoke from one of the home-room moms (YUCK!), it's good thing that they went to pre-packaged goodies at holiday parties because that was a BIG disappointment.
1 comment:
Too funny as this was the same at our home this weekend. Emma took her time to pick out perfect candy & valentine card saying for each class mate. She pretty much spent the whole day planning it all out perfectly. This is the first year Jacob didn't do Valentine's as now that he's in Lincoln Intermediate school they don't do Valentine's anymore nor have party. I was very sad by this milestone but Jacob on the other hand, his comment was this, "I'm so thankful I'm done with Valentine's it was so embarrousing & such a waste of time." BBJE
Post a Comment