Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Skating through March

 
 
For the first time this March, we are seeing signs of spring:  Robins in the yard, warm sunshine with temps in the 50-60's, and Baseball registration.  Our weekends are also picking up and not being disturbed by weather, another clue that spring is on its way.  This past weekend we met our quota of activities.  Olivia had to two play-dates, Connor had one, we drove up north to the ISU campus and took our nephew out to eat, went to a hockey game with another friend couple, volunteered and filled up bags for Meals from the Heartland, went ice-skating, and then finally helped a friend take some ease off by coming over, playing with her kiddos, and catching up.  Phew!  Needless to say, this Momma was tired!
 
 
Here's some pics from ice-skating.  My back is not in shape for any balancing on knives on ice yet. . . since I recently injured my back again . . . So, I just take photos!
 
 
First time skating for Liv and second time skating for Paul.  They stayed close to the wall, but by the end of the time she was skating no hands but with Paul close by. 


 Connor also hugged the wall the first few times around and then got a hang of it and skated like a pro.


 They were taking off their gloves and hats, while I was donning them.  It was super cold in the stands.  However, being that it was 60 degrees outside, I could go warm up outside.  What a paradox!
 
 

 I think she's pretty proud of herself.  The winter Olympics were motivating for both Paul and the kids which is why they are on the ice.  Olivia wants to learn to figure skate now.
 


Think it may be awhile to let go of Daddy's hand for figure skating.



We got a new camera this year, it's been almost ten years with the last camera and after a few bumps and bruises, the battery door did not work anymore and it warranted too much finger work to take one picture.  So, I've been playing around with the different settings and getting used to the new feel of the camera.  Enjoy my subjects!

 Tatum in the sunlight . . .
 Close-up of Tatum's paws and I can see her gray whiskers.
 
 I think Indy would have smiled if I had a treat ready for him, he does not look amused.
 
 Olivia never needs a treat to smile for the camera.
 The dogs don't rough-house until the kids come home from school and Indy is always asking Tatum for some play time.
 
 
Just an ordinary day of Connor having a friend over and playing some video games.  Nolan isn't getting much game playing in since Indy wants his attention.
 
 
 
 
 
That's it for now, I'm sure after Spring Break there will be more pics to post.
Until then . . . 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skating looks fun...wish I felt young & good enough to tackle that. Jake wants to go skiing...ugh! Can't wait to see pics of your spring break trip! Love you all! BBJE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...