Thursday, July 24, 2014

One with Nature . . . . .


 Just some pretty pictures of my plants and flowers around the yard. . . .

    Miss Zinnia is just starting to open up her petals and be in full bloom!

    This zinnia is in full bloom and has a green fly attached to it that I couldn't make him move, so I snapped the pic with him in it.

Tomatoes are loaded on my plants and just starting to turn color!  Kids were so excited to pick me an orange tomato (it was the first one to turn color!)  I placed it on the window sill and waited for it to turn and YUM it was SO delicious!  Nothing beats a fresh Iowa tomato....
 
We've had plenty of beans too and they are super long green beans this year.  Kids and I love them steamed with nothing else on them...    Like eating CANDY!  New buds keep blooming . . .

The second go around for my roses to bloom.  The bugs aren't into them as much as the first ones to bloom.

My favorite new plant are these Snap Dragons.  I have found the perfect flowers for my planter that drains quickly.  Snap Dragons love a well-drained area.  They've never stopped blooming and are bushy yellow!  A little bit of happiness in my planter this year.
 The other side of the planter are my hens and chicks and they are doing well.  The weeds have come and gone and they continue to conquer the space.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Love the pictures of your flowers and veggies. your Hen and Chicks are doing great. Love, Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...