Some things I have learned from being down with my back for almost the whole month..............
- no matter how hard I wanted it to by my plan, it never was.......which takes me right back to my New Year's Resolution...surrender to God and let his will be done.
- I have a new found empathy for those who are in pain for a long period of time.
- I have a new found empathy for those who are unable to do things for themselves or just plain, ordinary things.
- I'm thinking about inventing mommy ergonomic friendly baby equipment; hydraulic strollers, swivel car seats, and a baby carrier that has an extend-able handle (like our luggage) and we'll just roll them around.......
- I'm also inventing a very, very long handled razor to shave legs......(my poor PT who had to look at my hairy legs for two weeks!) and C-man added that I should also invent a very long toe-nail painting brush as well.....for I only could paint my fingers and not my toes during this "sabbatical?"
- I've learned to slow down and look at the things that are really important.
- I've noticed that Prayer has brought comfort.
- Last but not least, I've realized that in order to help others and be a care-giver, I have to care for myself first.
1 comment:
Why is it so hard to take care of ourselves??? Get well soon!
Post a Comment