Not much to mention besides the fact that I'm all hopped up on muscle relaxers, pain meds, and steroids for my bleepity-bleep back......FRUSTRATION!
I threw out my back AGAIN while picking up miss O and putting her in the carseat.....POP-SNAP and sudden PAIN! I about hit the ground .....kinda like those commercials I've fallen and can't get up.......I managed to keep myself together crying in pain the whole time......it took me about 5 minutes to buckle up O in her car seat and another 5 minutes to walk to my side of the car......
Fortunately, the Dr.'s Office was able to squeeze me in.....maybe the heavy breathing and crying on the phone helped me get in! I went into the Dr's Office and my blood pressure was 148/108.....yes that means I was in major PAIN!.........The only comfortable position for me was to stand and lean upon the exam table....I looked like I was ready to get frisked any moment. It was an effective position when the nurse had to give me two shots; Torodol and Phenergran.....The one nurse made me walk to the treatment room for an ultrasound.....I think she was secretly smiling the whole time while I walked bent over holding my thighs for support because I couldn't stand up straight......the gal that did my ultrasound at least gave me a ride in the wheelchair to the car.............
So here I am 48+ hours after my injury and I'm at least standing up straight, unless I've been sitting for awhile then I'm a bit crooked and spasm'd. I've had two days of Physical Therapy, my pain has decreased, I'm doing my exercises that Physical Therapy have taught me and still icing away..........
What to do from now? I had to call off work for the weekend and apply for FMLA. Monday, I'll call my pain Dr. and ask when I can have my next epidural injection since that helped and then.....more PT? personal trainer? Surgery? I don't know but if you have any extra time, I would be okay if you threw a few prayers in this direction........wish me luck, comfort, and strength.
2 comments:
ugh! Hope you feel better soon!
Oh no! Hang in there!!
Post a Comment