Monday, August 3, 2009

What I've learned in 15 years......

I celebrated my 15 year class reunion this past Saturday. 12 classmates out of 55 attended. I think the furthest was 5 hours away. I didn't mind the turn out because it was intimate and not over-whelming. So this is what I learned in 15 years..........

  • No one changes, everyone acts the same, they even look the same, I recognized everyone; except they may be a bit thicker, some thinner, less hair, some gray hairs, and a tiny bit of wrinkles.....but it was like we started where we left off.
  • Our class was a cool class, I forgot how everyone got along well with each other and it was the same way the other night.....no cliques, just a lot of mingling and catching up. This is really good considering we were the second year of consolidation of two schools.
  • 15 year reunions hurt my jaw and sides from smiling and laughing so much!
  • Late 80's and early 90's was a funny time to go to school; just check out our BIG hair, pegged pants, silk shirts, and many more to laugh at........
  • I think we were pretty fortunate growing up with no cell-phones and driving clunkers for cars during our high-school years.....it made us humble AND it gave us something to look forward to in the future......if you would pass by a high school parking lot nowadays you probably wouldn't see a whole parking lot of clunkers......if I had a brand new car in High School, I probably would have been shunned.
  • By the sounds of it, I think we average 2 children per each classmate and their family. No one has passed away, some are single and a few divorced.
  • I'm so glad that I chose the path that I did and ended up where I am today.....there are no regrets...
  • It's weird to me to see other school-mates that live in my hometown and actually think that they are adults in our hometown.......it's quite the phenomenon to me....just sayin'.
  • If I had to re-do anything in High School, (I agree with my Dad on this one) I would have done anything to prevent getting "Mono" my senior year, so I could have played Volleyball and really kicked some butt. (Not to toot my own horn, but darn it I was pretty good!)
  • Even though I didn't get skittles from Mr. Burkle, I think I was his favorite student (we had a consensus of this the other night)....I think he probably enjoyed that I cried each day in Trigonometry, because I was so stinkin' frustrated that I couldn't GET it.........I also think I was his favorite since I singled him out at a talent show and sang "Big Spender" to him with a red dress on....I thought for sure that would get me some extra points in Trig. (no success but really funny!).
  • I'm going to go to our 20th class reunion, because that was a good time the other night, even though I felt like I was going on my first date, a little nervous and excited.....but it all worked out.

1 comment:

ShelliGib said...

I'm so glad the peg pant trend is out, as you know, it's hard enough to find pants long enough, then to peg them on top of that! Ugh! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...