Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kid Inspired. . .

The kids have been planning, preparing, and plotting since last Saturday. . .They have decided to host a garage sale. I didn't have any desire to do one, but since they are so thrilled about it, I decided to be of help.


They have searched through all of their toys and belongings that they want to part with and I have added some extra items that I haven't touched since college [ahem, my exercise step]. Connor is the leader in this mission, his ideas have gone from using Olivia's Karaoke machine for sales marketing to selling lemonade for extra money. We've decided to sell lemonade since this Saturday is supposed to be hot.


Last night we tagged and priced the items (some of them I let the kids price, we'll have to see what our "patrons" will think of the prices;). Yes, Connor calls the customers patrons! The kids also decorated a garage sale sign and some lemonade signs. They continue to ask me if they can have their sale today? tomorrow? They just can't wait for Friday; of course their items have taken residence by the front door so they are reminded of their mission daily, hourly, minutes!


Business Signs. . .

Hopefully, the kids will get something out of their sale. . .the rest of the items we have decided to donate to Good Will.

1 comment:

The Kennedys said...

Good Luck with your garage sale, Olivia and Connor! (and Mommy too!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...