Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Can You Believe . . . ?


That it is the end of February?
This is one reason I like February because of the short month and then March is here and that means spring!

I have decided that I like the Lenten Season more and more as I get older. 
It used to be Advent Season that ended with Christmas and the New Year; because I like birth stories, babies, and Christmas.
But I think Lenten ending with Easter and concurrently sharing spring time is more spiritually relative for me.

Maybe it's because I've decided to do 40 Bags in 40 Days and purge the house of trash and old things,
maybe it's because I need to feel God's love,
maybe because I'm ready for spring: colors, new plant life, and fresh air,
but I know I'm ready for something.



 Not sure what Indy is thinking, but I think he can't wait to play outside more. . . so that his sister doesn't dress him up anymore.
 One thing about hunkering at home is game night; Headbands is a fun, fun game that makes us laugh out loud all the time!
Even though snow is exciting and pretty on the eyes, it's nice to think we won't have many more days of snow and that the green grass will be peaking through very soon.  This is a pic of our neighbor's snowman.  It was HUGE and then it melted and started reaching down to either pick up his hat, bow, or do a yoga move . . .

So, five containers and one and a half trash bags later, Paul and I started the first day of 40 bags in 40 days in the basement.  His strength was much needed.  After we were all through, I just sat and soaked up the cleanliness and the nonclutter of the basement.  So now I'm three days ahead of my plan (6 days if I go by bags). Ahhhh, a spiritual awakening for sure!  Or at least a basement awakening! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...