There's a rumor that our neighbor hospital down the road is giving their RN's two choices.....#1 retire early or #2 go part-time. The way that media protrays it, it sounds like there aren't any other choices.....not sure how much of this is sensationalized and how much is true and I'm sure this will all unveil as time goes.....The employees have until next monday the 19th to make their decision......
I guess just another way of how the economy is affecting us. Hopefully, our hospital won't be doing this...I know there is much budget cutting and much cost-effective care vigilence.........I'm already part-time so I'm okay with this...but some of the RN's that I know need the full-time job to keep their life-style up...
Maybe these RN's can have several Part-time jobs? So they are working full time???? I don't know but sounds stressful anyways, even though I'm not affected....I feel as if I am because I am an RN just like they are.....and how does it affect the patient who is #1 in our eyes?????? Do they get quality care yet? Cost-effective care? Still receive the whole art of nursing which is compassion when they are undergoing stress?
Talk about nursing shortage and then getting rid of full-time RN's....weird.....actually our state is not so much short with nursing staff....it is the coasts; east and west coasts that are really hurting. The other shortage is Nursing Instructors and Nursing Professors.....that's why there are students waiting in line to get into nursing school because the instructor population is retiring and diminishing.........that's how we contract with the schools and they use nurses with the BSN's to help with instruction....that's how I started to participate as an instructor..........
going on for Masters? yes, not now with the economy and paying for Paul's BSN education...it's his turn, he needs it for his supervisor position.....but yes, once the kids are in school...so will Mommy......
sniff...sniff....do I smell a tangent>>>>>yes, that is exactly what I went on...ooops!
anyways...will be thinking and praying for those nurses and waiting for more news about their positions.....never thought this would ever come up??
No comments:
Post a Comment