Monday, March 23, 2009

[Inhale!]

Do you smell that?
I smell SPRING!
My olfactory sensors also play on my memories and I smell LOVE! It was this time 7 years ago that I met Paul!

Now this next thing that I say only a nurse would laugh and find it humorous, but respiratory distress brought Paul and I together. I have a lot to thank that pt. (who I'm sure didn't do it on purpose but) it was meant to be in my books. For this was the night that I rushed the pt. down to ICU and gave report to this cute guy; Paul!

I saw him later when I went down with my co-worker who smoked, I just wanted to get some fresh air. Not sure how I was getting fresh air, but it was nice to get off the floor for a few minutes. This dates us, this is when employees could smoke right at the doorway. While we enjoyed the night spring air, he caught my eye again.

Later, another co-worker asked if I wanted to go to Gene's and play pool with her and her "friend" Paul. It was a sure thing! The rest of March is when Paul and I played "Jr. High" for while and used our mutual friend to "go out." He was quiet and shy. I was a bit reserved, just getting out of a sticky relationship.

Paul and I had one thing in common, we were working the night shift. So our days and nights were opposite with the rest of the world. We could talk on the phone all night. Hang out all night(with our night-shift friend of course.) I would come home and sleep all day....with the fresh air blowing in....aw! SPRING! [inhale]

I was starting to fall for him and it was like it hightened all my senses....and then enclosed it in my memory bank.......for every spring after, I've always smelled our budding relationship......[inhale]

Finally, Paul did ask me to go on a date all by ourselves! After that it was history! Now I can exhale and know that I'm at the place where I was meant to be. [exhale]

1 comment:

ShelliGib said...

Awe, so cute! The spring smell always reminds me of track, haha! I always think I'd better get outside and start running!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...