Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bashful but Brave!

Good Time Gang
Fridays 9:15-11:15 am
(Parents drop-off and pick-up)
I asked Miss-O several times before registering for this program if she was ready to go to school by herself. She confidently said, "YES!" So I registered her and sporadically would discuss what the routine would consist of when taking her to school. Mommy will take you to school and say "I love you" and "Bye" then Mommy will exercise and pick you up when school is all done. Making sure PICK YOU UP was emphasized.
"okay?"
"OK."
Well, the first day of her class was cancelled due to frigid weather and the next class I was barfing.....so with Grandma Michelle to the rescue, she took Miss-O. I heard her clarify, "You pick me up?" and Grandma told her the routine and Miss-O was ready.
So miss bashful went to her first day of school and the report I got was that she was a brave little girl. There were some tears when she and another girl wanted to play with the same toy, but with quick relfexes of the teacher and distraction, she moved on.
Mommy & Daddy are very proud of you Miss-O!
You put your mind to it and you can do anything!
Miss-O, being the quiet observer that she is. She takes full assessment of the situation. She warms up slowly and then she is full steam ahead (in her comfort zones of course!)

2 comments:

Rob, Paula, Jeremey & Jaydin said...

Good Job Olivia...you are such a big girl. Looks like your room has some fun, fun, toys to play with. Enjoy! Luv U.

Anonymous said...

Olivia, you did real good going to your class. Keep up the good work. Love, G.M.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...