The last time is rain and freezed like this was March a few years ago, we missed a fish fry and my sister's wedding shower up north.
I also remember January 1st the first year we moved into this house, we had a big ice storm. It was the day that Paul planned to get on the roof and take down the Christmas lights...he decided against it.
Before that, I remember an ice storm out on the farm. We cooked on the camp-stove. We warmed up, sitting on 5 gallong buckets, by the wood furnace down-stairs while Dad worked on the generator. I remember using a lot of candles....and then that's all...don't know how old I was???
Hope everyone stays safe this icy day.....if only we had ice-skates, we could skate in the backyard!.....I remember doing that as a youngster too! Jo and I skated on our patio and driveway!
2 comments:
Remember loving this stuff as a kid and skating around the driveway - now as an adult although it's beautiful, I'm totally ready for it to melt! Be careful! It sounds bad your way! Also was gonna tell you my cousin Ashley moved your way. Her husband is the direct manager for Red Lobster and she's working at a Des Moines events magazine and also in Younkers at Valley West! Just in case you run into her! She's due about the same time as Jo!
wondering if that is the same branch that fell?
K
Post a Comment