Friday, August 26, 2011

Bloom Where you Are. . .

I guess I'm into garden metaphors. . . and with this title I can take you there.


(Grandma M. this picture is for you, check out this Hibiscus!)


But first check out how these flowers are blooming where they are! We visited the Better Home and Gardens Test Garden, yep, right in our backyard and they did not disappoint. I swear if I were a flower I'd plead to be in this garden. It looks like they've been feeding on steroids or a hefty dose of Miracle Grow! Knowing what my flowers look like at home (sun-burnt and dehydrated) these blooms are some real charmers.

(Grandma R. these are some giant Zinnias for you!)


Olivia has a great eye and appreciation for flowers, her favorites were the pink & purple ones, little forget-me-nots, and the two bells that remind her of little fairy dresses. So, back to tackling the metaphor. . . I try to bloom wherever I'm planted in life; this summer I began getting awfully restless, discontent, and when the wind blew me over to the side it was hard for me to stand tall on my own.


Something had to give. . . and I decided to fully bloom and to completely nourish my soul that I needed to make a change. So I have decided to withdraw from school at this time because I need some extra tending to, as well as my family.




We need to grow and develop from the inside-out. Our family nucleus is what roots me and I need to know that our family is well-balanced, happy, and healthy before I branch out. I also need to know that my foundation is solid and my stem is sturdy before I can take uncomfortable steps into life; you know that leap of faith?



I just watched the soul surfer and if you remember the bible lesson that she learned before her accident is that sometimes we see things SO close up in life that we just see the honeycomb, but step away to see the big picture and you see the bees working together, dancing, collecting nectar and living beside other creatures and plant life.



So, I'll be taking a step backwards (maybe a few giant steps) to look at the big picture in life.

What matters the most in this life? God, Family, Home. . .


I tend to make things more complicated than they need be and so when I get tangled in that sticky web of complication, I need to escape and simplify my life: God, family, home.


I plan to work as a nurse and be that special part in people's vulnerable lives. But I feel that I have more of me to give; somewhere at sometime. I'm not settling or quitting, I'm grounding myself so I can further branch out when the timing is right.


What is right at this time is feeding me and my family's soul with love, time, and moments.




Do you see the fairy dresses?


4 comments:

Rob, Paula, Jeremey & Jaydin said...

I couldn't be more proud of you for making this decision. In time you will see that you will have NO regrets in doing so. The years go by way too fast. I am so glad you are embracing where you are and letting go of the temporary things in life. As I have learned (the hard way) you CAN have it ALL, it is just not healthy to have it ALL at the same time. Beautiful, beautiful post...and the flowers are pretty too. Yes, Livi...I do see the fairy dresses!

Anonymous said...

Jana, what a beautiful blog. I love the pictures, but I love you for doing what you are doing!!!!
God will help you each and every day.
Enjoy your family, find yourself, and working part time if the best for you now. love you so much, see you in a couple weeks. Love, Mom

The Kennedys said...

Well said, sister! Proud of you. Sometimes the hardest, most challenging thing is to realize "not right now." Love you.

P.S. I'll be over Tuesday and Thursday for dessert, yummy!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Jana! We are so very proud & love you! I've found one of the hardest things to do in life is being able to actually admit when my plate is full & admit I can't handle anymore. Realizing this will not only make you more happy but you'll find in return it makes those you love more happy also & in the end that is all that really matters & is really important in life! My only regret in making the decision to be a full time mommy, wife & home maker (hardest decision I've ever made) was that I didn't do it much sooner! Kudos to you for being strong enough to make this wonderful decision for you & for your family!!!!!
BBJ&E

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...