Our bathroom experiences have been very interesting lately. . .
It's not the actual experience as it is the talk that happens AND always, it occurs in public!
Last week at IHOP, Olivia spent a good 20 minutes in the bathroom. Now, she insisted that she had to go BAD! We get into the bathroom and she spends about 5 minutes on picking which would be the ideal stall (there's two, mind you!). She had to check to see if there was toilet paper in the toilet, because that would help with the deduction.
She then states that she can't go! Another 5 minutes was used to admire the blue foam soap and topped off with a long time washing hands and drying! (at least she washes!)
In the church bathroom, there was talk about what to call going to the bathroom in public or at home. Another lady chimes in right about when Olivia was going to inappropriately define urination very loudly and states, "powder your nose." That left my little girl speechless for awhile.
At the dance studio was probably the most funniest: she is in the bathroom by herself (because that's a new thing, she's five and can go into the stall by herself she tells me!) I hear her say through the door, that she can't go. I say to finish up then . . . She asks if she has to wash her hands since she didn't go. The dad in the waiting area got a good chuckle out of that one. I reinforce the concept that when she is in the bathroom that she needs to wash her hands. . .
And to finish it off; Fazoli's bathroom got the attention of another bathroom-goer. Olivia had her leotard on and she was taking it off and attempted to take off all her clothes, her shoes, etc. I state, "Honey, you don't have to take off all your clothes just to go to the bathroom." Once she's seated, she kicks me out of the stall. The teenager girl said that she was the same way and that her mom was always telling her that!
I do know that I could put on a fresh face of make-up while waiting for the girl! She takes forever and it is proving to test my patience.
What will life be like with one bathroom upstairs and four people, including one future fussy teenager? We will have to designate the bathroom in the basement for the bathroom princess!
2 comments:
Oh, just wait until she stands in front of the full length mirror in the mornings before school for 20 minutes modeling herself to then tell you when it's time to actually leave that she has decided the outfit she is wearing is not fahionable & pretty enough to wear to school?!?! That is my Emma!!! Brooke
That's funny! I think we could probably write a book about bathroom experiences with our girls! I'm just happy Jackie is finally potty trained...so I'll take the not so "socially correct" talk we have in the bathrooms for now!!
Post a Comment