Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Visions of Sugar

It isn't Christmas without the baking and goody making right?  This week Olivia and I have done our fair share of baking and goody making.  We didn't cross everything off the list but came awfully close. 

We discovered new things to dip in almond bark and chocolate: marshmallows & Bugles! (note to self: next year fill the Bugles with PB and then dip them!)
Dipped pretzel rods are a favorite and an easy canvas for Olivia to decorate with sprinkles.

The dogs are getting a sugar buzz from all the extra sugar and sprinkles flying around!  I tried to teach Olivia to use her fingers, but she preferred her hand or the bottle!

Part II:  Cookie decorating!
I cheated this year, I took Pilsbury sugar dough and plopped them on a cookie sheet.  Only a few turned out symmetrical, as for the other cookies well, they ran into each other and are rectangled or squared but make great canvases for our frosting!

My elves helped decorate after I piped the frosting!  They are great cookie artists and are so oblivious to the fact that I cheated and didn't use my Grandma's sugar cookie recipe, yet another year! 

However, Connor does know the true taste of a sugar cookie, he mentioned it the other night . . . I said that I love a sugar cookie that is soft and fluffy, almost cakey and he replied, "yeah, like how Aunt Paula makes them!"  He's onto me!


Nevermind the shape of the cookie, look at those designs! All sorts of yumminess piled on them!
My favorite is this smooshed cookie and an abstract Rudolph!

I guess Scotcharoos, Snickerdoodles, and cake pops will have to wait for another day or maybe Valentine's Day!


2 comments:

The Kennedys said...

Looks yummy and like a lot of fun! P.S. I love your framed paper wreath wall decor...you might need to give me a tutorial :)

ShelliGib said...

I spent the extra time this year and made great grandma Weinbergs sugar cookies! Paula gave me the recipe at my Bridal Shower. So good....now to hit the gym after eating everything in site the last few weeks, ugh! Merry Christmas, hope you have a great one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...