Friday, March 30, 2012

Busy at it . . .

 This past weekend Connor had a friend over to stay over-night but that was cut short due to his friend not feeling well.  But we did a couple of games of bowling in.

I caught Tatum in a nice pose here.  I find it hard taking pictures of her because she is so dark and it is hard to see her features compared to Indy.

I came home to find a beautiful flower arrangement on our dining room table.  Olivia LOVES these "flowers" and will pick them forever.  She also discovered violets in our backyard.  I have to admit they are pretty!



 
Yesterday's challenge was feet.  The kids wanted a picture of their feet too!  Olivia told me that she hoped I won the challenge.  So cute!  I told her there aren't any winners, we just share our ideas.


Funny note:  Olivia was lying on the bed beside me and was examining her legs.  After some time of examining; she pointed to the back of her knee and asked what those "bones" were called.  I told her they were actually tendons.  "No, what are the bones called?"  She asked again.  I told her they were tendons and told her that tendons connect muscle to bones.  She wouldn't settle for that answer and asked again and I replied that it's called the femur and pointed to her thigh bone.

After a few minutes of silence and back to examining herself; she asked me, "Mom, can you show me where my funny bone is and where my wish bone is?"

I pointed to her arm bone and said that this is called the funny bone or otherwise known as the humerus.  I then told her that humans don't have wish bones, only turkeys do.  She had a hard time grasping this, "you mean we don't have a wish bone, just animals?"  I replied that only turkeys have wishbones.

How cute!  I love it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...