Last night Paul and I were at RCIA class and Grandma and Grandpa Roberts stayed with the kids until I returned home. I always enjoy the report of the night from Grandma Roberts and this report was very enjoyable. She said that C-man took down his Rosary that hangs on a cross on the wall by his bed. He told her he wanted to pray. She said that she lead him into prayer and thanked God for Mom and Dad, Miss-O, family and friends, etc....she thought they were finished and he told her that he wasn't finished. He held on the the Rosary and asked for peace and then whispered things and what she could get out of it is that he asked God to help him get the bad guys, especially the Green Goblin, AMEN!
How sweet is that? Prayer in the mind of a four year old!
I have been learning about the Rosary and how to pray and meditate on all of God's beautiful mysteries. What I learned is that I'm not worshipping Mary, because that was my first belief that Catholic religion does. But instead they use Mary to intercede our prayers and she acts as an advocate for our prayers. Anyways, C-man has only seen me pray the Rosary two times and he asked me if I was praying to people inside the marbles...no Honey, I said I was praying to God and through Mary. Oh! He states.
Usually at bedtime, we read the bible and say our own little prayers, but this was the first time that he wanted to use the Rosary.
Whatever works, I just want to instill spirituality/Christianity in his life and why not start young?
I just know there is something very powerful about prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment