Thursday, January 31, 2008

Passion of Christ

Wow! This is a powerful movie. If you have not seen it, I highly recommend it.
I procrastinated for awhile because I was afraid to see the graphics. I studied up on the scriptures prior to watching it. Even though the language was in Hebrew, I knew exactly who was whom and the concept of what was being said. When I read the scriptures, never in my mind did I picture that much violence that Jesus endured. I don't think I had the capacity. The movie moved me, enough that I was sobbing. Now that is sacrifice! I believe that sacrifice shouldn't be used in any other matter (like sport's terms) Sacrifice should have only one meaning and that is Jesus. Sacrifice, Passion, and Love. Thank you Jesus for the salvation. Thank you for loving us so much!

So there's my plug. I think just like people watch classic films around Christmas time to get them in the mood and prepare for the season, this should be a film watched around Lent season; to prepare our hearts for the history of events that occured. One thing that I wish the movie would continue with is the story of Jesus' ressurection, meeting Mary in the garden, walking with his disciples, Pentecost, etc. That's where we get to celebrate Jesus' divine nature and the Holy Spirit that still moves through us today.

God Bless you and Peace to you.

1 comment:

The Kennedys said...

Good message Jana. I have not seen "The Passion" yet either. Maybe Jolyn and I will try to watch it this lent (since we will be home a lot!).

John K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...