Sunday, January 27, 2008

Playing Catch Up....

"Cheese" "Cheese" We hear these words a lot when Olivia gets hungry for a snack, she loves her cheese! We try to compensate the snack with fiber (if you know what I mean?)
Olivia insisted on going to bed for morning nap this morning with this book.......It's a Team Building Activities book for leaders...........maybe she's planning something fun for her baby dollies and stuffed animals.....
This is Olivia's favorite place to hang out, the dishwasher...here she is helping Daddy put away the clean dishes........Tatum looks on to see if she can help in any way too, she usually likes to help with the dirty dishes (ew! I still get sick to my stomach seeing her lick the dishes)
One afternoon, I thought Olivia was taking a super long nap....NOPE just tearing off the wallpaper border.............she has the knack for interior design I guess........next time we decorate the kids' room remember: no wallpaper!
Wii, Wii, Wii, all the way home! Here is Connor bowling with the new Wii. He always beats me in bowling....he's almost pro status........oh yeah, we'll take it to the real lanes and then see who'll win........it's fun to hear him talk himself up and be competitive, but still is a good winner or a good loser (rarely) Oh, this Wii is what Paul used our "bonus" money with from work.....guess what??? We haven't received any "bonus" money.......Guess he has a few extra hours to work to make up for the game..............that'll teach me to listen to him! !




I finally found some time to settle into the computer chair and blog....it's been a rather busy month...and I can't believe we just have one more week of it!


Tonight, I was sent home early from work, too many nurses, not enough patients ( we must be doing something right!) So, I decided of the unthinkable: going to the grocery store childless.......aaaaahhhhhh, it was so relaxing! I didn't mind writing that big fat check at the end of the shopping spree.




So, I think I hit the finer points last blog, but I forgot to mention that last weekend was such a nice weekend.....Paula and Jaydin came to visit and hang out with us...Paula and I scrapped and chatted....probably more chatting than scrapping....Jaydin hung out with Connor, Olivia, and Paul.


Paul decided not to brave the subzero temperatures to hunt deer......I was happy that he wouldn't have to suffer any frost bite...


...later Saturday night, Rob came to stay overnight and hitch a flight out to Arizona. Paula, Jaydin, and Rob hung out with us Sunday and it was so nice just to hang out & buy some time with each other....sorry that Jeremey couldn't have been there, but sounds like he's a busy traveler these days....Washington D.C., and then St. Louis......Where will he go next????




I was glad to hear that Rob was able to go out to Arizona and be with his brother John and his wife who had just had twins about 5 weeks early.......Daisy Mae and Lilly Rose (sp?) They had a few bumps in the road to start out with......but it really is amazing how resilient neonates are........we are still praying for strength and stable health for the girls and strength and endurance for their three sisters, Mommy and Daddy, and the rest of the family.




Well, that about sums it up........I'm looking forward to my last set of papers to check tomorrow! I'm looking forward to the last day of clinical on Wednesday. Next Wednesday is eval. day... and they won't let me do it alone with the students whom are failing.......so I will have back up from the Head of the department....phew! I've had enough torture! Some of you ask....will I do it again.......well not this semester but I'll be ready for the fall season, you betcha! Those students didn't totally break me down and wear me out........they brought me one huge lesson in the world of teaching nursing students that's for sure.....and I didn't even have to pay for the education.........when I eventually get my Masters will be another thing..............someday, someday........

1 comment:

The Kennedys said...

Looks like I need to hire Olivia for my redecorating needs :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...