Monday, May 18, 2009

You Have to feel a little sorry for me.........


For the past two weeks I've had waves of pain in my left side that is accompanied with nausea and vomiting. I went to the Dr.'s office two weeks ago and discovered no, I'm not prego...just a UTI.

So I went through my antibiotic regimen and felt better. Yesterday, I started having the waves of pain again.
I went to work at the "mothership" hospital....(that's what I call the downtown hospital because it is so huge!) I'm caring for my patients guarding my left side and sweating. I don't want to show too much emotion...I'm floating on another floor and don't know anyone...but after I barfed, I had to disclose my disposition. Thankfully, they let me go and I went straight to ER.

I'm glad I did, I was just going to ride it out... BUT, I found answers last night. My wonderful, super, fantastic husband met me at the ER and waited the 5 hours to find out I have a kidney stone....a 9mm one...now that's HUGE on the kidney stone Richter scale......the picture above is an 8mm one.
I spoke with the Urologist (I heard he's good looking! better shave my legs for my appointment tomorrow!) He said I have a 50% chance of passing this baby. If I have severe pain to call him today, otherwise see him tomorrow at the clinic and then wait for it to pass in a week and then follow up with him if it doesn't.......
SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!?!
I'd rather give birth again...maybe because the lovely epidurals took the pain away! Maybe I'll call the Urologist up and ask for a week's worth of epidural....I know that's not even feasible! I did get some pain meds to help me through it.....so, just send some prayers this way if you have some time....and I wouldn't mind you feeling a little sorry for me but don't spend too long....that's what I've decided I'll be doing too! I've got things to do and people to see and stones to pass!

(Can you tell I'm looped up???)

p.s. did I tell you about how my supportive MIL stayed with the kids last night so that my wonderful, super, fantastic husband could hang with me last night into the early hours.......thank you both of you.....Starbucks may be your priority today!

Now excuse me as I drink my water and deliver a ginormous stone!

2 comments:

ShelliGib said...

Eeew! Do they really look like dried up chicken nuggets? Good luck!

The Kennedys said...

OUCH! Prayers your way...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...