Saturday, September 26, 2009

National Naughty Day

No one told me that last Wednesday, the 23rd of September was National Naughty Day. It wasn't on my calendar, no memos, no e-mails, and no one "face-booked"* me. I talked with some co-workers and in fact, their toddler/pre-schoolers were also naughty. I'm not sure if there are national requirements in the naughtiness, but this is what our three year-old's antics were:
  • refused to sit in the wagon on the way to taking C to school, screamed in my face in front of the kids and parents because of this. (After some negotiation, got her to sit)
  • refused to sit still at Library hour, took her out for a talk and she screamed in my face.
  • refused to hold my hand, walking in the parking lot and screamed at me.
  • refused to get in her car-seat on her own and with much talking and her resistance, finally got her in her car-seat.
  • went to Target to buy some time before going out to lunch with my friends, refused to stay in the shopping cart.
  • walked beside the cart and then decided to push the limits by running in front of me and running away from me. I had to run after her, pick her up and take her out of the store; leaving my cart and items behind.
  • made a big, big mess in her room; instead of taking a nap (this one I'm used to).
  • refused to sit in the wagon to pick up C from school.
  • refused to hold my hand crossing the street
  • Took her seat belt off while we were driving.

Please note: she was the sweetest during lunch with my friends and when we went to Perkins for dinner.

I sure hope she doesn't celebrate the holiday next year, because I'm not sure what her antics will be. Has she been talking to someone in preschool and taking notes? Will the antics only get worse with her age? AND, is this holiday celebrated once a year, or will it come back to haunt me later? I guess I'll find out and maybe this time I'll get a notice.

*face-booked; may not be a verb at this time but probably will be a new word in Webster Dictionary soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...