Boy, am I an a Pattitude.....or is it a
Mattitude.....or just plain
Sattitude!
Whatever this Attitude I've got, I realize I need to change it into Gratitude ASAP!
Do you know what selfish thoughts I've been thinking lately? Some really "feeling sorry for myself thoughts." Like:
"UGH! I have to go to work".........MAYBE I should be thankful that I have a job in this crappy economy and that I'm getting some income to pay for the food, water, electricity that we use day in and day out.
"UGH! My shoulders are hurting, my neck is stiff"...........MAYBE I should be thankful that I am able to move and exercise, that I have all my limbs, fingers, and toes and they aren't taken off like brave soldiers out in war.
"UGH! Cramps!"....................MAYBE I should be thankful that I have my "equipment" and was able to have babies and that my "equipment" isn't full of cancer like some self-less people out there.
"UGH! The kids are bickering"............................MAYBE I should be glad to hear the sound of their voices and know that they are alive and healthy and bless my each and every day.
"UGH! My husband's clothes are on the floor"...........................MAYBE I should be grateful that I have a husband to fill my life with love and humor, a great friend that I confide my whole self to and one who co-manages the household with me.
"UGH! There's dog slobber all over the couch again".........................MAYBE I should be glad to have two fur balls in the house that love me SO much that they follow me around the house, they look at me as if I'm the best thing since slice bread, and if I yell at them, they still love me unconditionally!
"UGH! I have to go Christmas shopping in crowds!".............................MAYBE I should step back and be thankful that there are people who surround me everyday with love and I get to give back to them.
As you can see, I have the potential to turn this attitude around.....so I'll do some hard praying during this time of advent to change my attitude into Gratitude and be thankful for the day that the Lord has made, each and every day!
Wish me luck and if you feel like praying for a selfish fool like myself, I'd sure appreciate it.
[breathe in]
[breathe out]
GRATITUDE. GRATITUDE. GRATITUDE........
No comments:
Post a Comment