Sunday, November 1, 2009

update

This last week we learned a few things and here they are in the ever-so-popular bullet points~


  • C-man may or may not have had the H1N1 flu, but we did our duty and kept him from school for three days, he was out with the symptoms for total of 5 days. Headache, Sore-throat, Cough, lo-grade fever. Usually the fever & cough came on in the am and night. We learned that if we treated his symptoms, he did well.

  • DO NOT EVER, NEVER< use disinfectant wipes on the keyboard, The chemicals will erode the whatevers that is under the keys and then the keyboard will not work. When C-man was out, he wanted to play on the computer, I allowed him if he wore a mask, washed his hands before and after and then also wipe down the keyboard. BIG MISTAKE! Masking and washing hands is quite substantial, don't have to go OVERBOARD!
  • When on-line access is non-functional, the phone works just the same! We almost had to reduce ourselves to writing letters and sending them in the mail....but didn't quite get there.....although, there's nothing wrong with that, it's great getting something friendly in the mail. Since we were isolated from society for a few days, we couldn't use our public library's computer.

  • Buying a keyboard with a USB port is a nice substitute for a laptop keyboard, just cumbersome.

  • Miss-O has been presenting with a yucky cough, stuffy head, sporadic lo-grade fever...no complaints of headache or sore-throat and is very annoyed if you ask her IF she has one or not! Again, treating the symptoms has maintained her. It's hard to treat a cough of a 3yr old, when there isn't any medication to give. What have we done? Rubbed vapo-rub on her chest and feet. Humidifier continuous in the primary room she is in, treat her stuffy head, & encourage lots of liquids. What we haven't tried is "Little Nose's" that's supposed to be good too.

  • YAY, I'm done for awhile with the students, they were wonderful, respectful, intelligent, competent nursing students. Apparently, I had no great stress working with them this fall. I think the college gave me the cream of the crop, probably some conspiracy to hook me into their program!

  • There really are good people in our neighborhood, it brought back many a memory trick-r-treating. The only thing I'm not used to down in the southern part of this state is expecting kids to have a joke or a trick! I just used to say "TRICK OR TREAT!" and I got candy. I explained to C-man, because I came from a small town USA, the people were too caught up in identifying who was under the mask, to ask for a joke or a trick.

  • Indy did well with hunting his first time out with Daddy. He ran with the other dogs, tried to play with them, but he did age-appropriate behaviors. GO INDY!

  • Last but not least, definitely take up the offer when your in-law's suggest the kids stay over-night on day-light savings time. Extra hour of sleep was indeed obtained. With kids, this isn't necessarily so!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...