Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bringing in the New Year...

We brought in the year 2011 at my parent's house.
We played card games and Monopoly and watched
Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year.
When the ball went down in New York, I called it a night,
as did much of the household--if not earlier.
Olivia & Jackie
(snack buddies)
These pics are my motivation for the new year.

Starting in 2011, I want to be free-spirited.
I want to laugh for no reason at all.
Snack without guilt.
Run, dance, and jump with delight.
I want to give hugs freely.
Speak my own mind.
Be proud and confident in what I say or do,
knowing someone has my back.
I want to soak up the world around me
and be in the moment--losing the concept of time.
And then let the world come to a spinning halt;
when my emotions need to be tended.
I want to remember the important things in life;
like sharing, playing nice, and using my manners.
And I want to easily forgive and get on with life.


We teach our children values, morals, and standards;
they teach us to live passionately, embrace simple pleasures,
and radiate a positive energy to those surrounding us.

Here's to moments, memories, and meaning in 2011.
Happy New Year!!

(Oh, to live vicariously through a 2 1/2 & 4 year old;
they hold the wisdom of life and we just need to crack their code)


1 comment:

The Kennedys said...

Love this! Happy New Year...miss you guys, can't wait to see you next month!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...