Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Big Birthday, Belatedly Posted!



Concentrating on a Big Wish!


Thanks Aunt Sarah, Uncle John, Evie & Ada

We're making gingerbread kids tomorrow!


Arts & Crafts time: paint a butterfly or flower.



Some of my brothers and sisters, enjoying the afternoon together.
(Miss you Jolyn, Jackie & Gwen. . . hopefully everyone is feeling better now.)


The three amigos, up to something??



Look at these cuties!



Butterfly Cakes for the Butterfly Birthday Party!

(easy, easy to make and decorate!)

Our big girl!



I'm on a two week recovery from planning, prepping, & celebrating Olivia's 5 year birthday party. No, it wasn't that kind of hoopla of a party.. . it's just because I've been dealing with back pain and trying to tackle daily projects that should be of something one doesn't think of while doing; but I constantly think of them (either because I've been in pain doing them, or I can't do them because of the pain). Then last week, Paul was gone for a week fishing up in the Northern parts of the country. Anyways, enough feeling sorry for myself. . . let's talk about how my little girl is growing up so big!
Olivia has embraced five with much pride and grace! Never was she in denial like Connor was and that is because he didn't want to start Kindergarten (so he tells me now!).
I'm so proud of my little independent girl. I have no doubt that Olivia will stick up for herself, now and in the future. In fact, she will tell people straight out if they are doing something they should'nt. . . "You don't spit on me!" She exclaimed to a boy at a friend's wedding.
She lets her needs be known; whether she is needing a snack or needing me to not sing anymore! She is full of creativity and will entertain herself (& me) for hours talking to herself or imaginary friends and singing: sometimes I feel we are in a live musical with her around!
I admire Olivia for her sense of humor, unless she is joking so much that I can't get a straight answer out of her. I also love her free-spirited approach to life: her love for animals & music, her brutal, five-year-old honesty ("Mommy, you'd look prettier if you had a dress and make up on."), and her sense of fashion: purple dress, orange socks & pink boots!
I am very impressed with her seriousness: much examination, observation, and thought is conducted when endeavoring a new person or experience in life. She is very eclectic; she can be a girly girl or a down right tom boy. . . depending on the day.
Olivia may not be a cuddly one, but she shows enough care and concern to let one know that she has a big heart and loves all of God's creatures, especially four legged, furry ones!


Happy Birthday to our sweet and sassy girl!

1 comment:

Rob, Paula, Jeremey & Jaydin said...

What a wonderful young lady you are miss Olivia. Thanks for having birthday party so that we could come and help you celebrate and spend quality time with family. It was a beautiful day!! Love You All!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...