Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Precious "Last"

It was the first day of preschool for little Miss O, or should I say my little young lady. She was excited to meet new friends and wondered what she should buy to bring to school??? Hmmm....she'll have fun going school shopping next year!
This is a bittersweet year because this will be the last of her first day of preschool and then begins kindergarten, grade school, middle school, high school. . . BUT let's not rush it!

and that my friends is what I'm doing: not rushing it!

I have mentioned this book a few times by Karen Kingsbury called, "Let Me Hold You Longer." Today is one of those days that I need to hold on to one of Olivia's precious lasts. Here's a sample of the book:

"Long ago you came to me, a miracle of firsts:

First smiles and teeth and baby steps, a sunbeam on the burst.

But one day you will move away and leave to me your past,

And I will be left thinking of a lifetime of your lasts . . ."

Miss Diane, Olivia, & Miss Rhonda

They have known Olivia since she was 2 1/2, so we are so fortunate to have them one more year for school, they have seen her make huge strides in her development and I believe they were essential ingredients to her development. Have a great year, Olivia.




"Let me hold on longer, God, to every precious last."
{Karen Kingsbury}

2 comments:

The Kennedys said...

Awww! Miss O is definitley looking like a soon to be 5 yr old! Hope she has a great year!

Anonymous said...

Very touching blog Jana. Brought tears to my eye's. How true to cherish the firsts as in the blink of our eye they will be lasts. I need to put this saying on my frig to remind myself of that every day!
BBJE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...