Time to plan Halloween costumes, pumpkin farm outings, burn the pumpkin candles, drink warm apple cider, taste pumpkin EVERYTHING, eat honey-crisp apples, make comfort food, get out the jeans, sweatshirts, and long-sleeve shirts, did I mention pumpkin?. . .
Take a seat and indulge in a little taste of our lives: living, loving, laughing, and learning.
Sunday, September 4, 2011
See Ya Later, Summer
Here I am, in disbelief that summer has come and gone. The bright green leaves, brilliant flower colors, and the penetrating heat will soon be exchanged for some cooler mornings, nut-colored leaves, and flaming orange, red, and yellow flowers. We had one last bout of 90 degree weather last Friday, high humidity & a feels-like-high-90s temp. We celebrated that day like we welcomed summer in May, we swam!
The girls getting in some last little pool time. It's kinda sad that our summer is gone with a blink. We did get to enjoy some summer experiences such as swimming, fishing, picnicking, drive-in movie watching, biking, walking, and baseball playing.
There is something very inviting about feeling chilly, and throwing on a sweatshirt and jeans, sipping on some warm tea, and soaking in the refreshing fall breeze.
Technically, it's not Fall until the 22nd, but this week is a great preview of how I would like the weather all. year. round.
Time to plan Halloween costumes, pumpkin farm outings, burn the pumpkin candles, drink warm apple cider, taste pumpkin EVERYTHING, eat honey-crisp apples, make comfort food, get out the jeans, sweatshirts, and long-sleeve shirts, did I mention pumpkin?. . .
Time to plan Halloween costumes, pumpkin farm outings, burn the pumpkin candles, drink warm apple cider, taste pumpkin EVERYTHING, eat honey-crisp apples, make comfort food, get out the jeans, sweatshirts, and long-sleeve shirts, did I mention pumpkin?. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment