Ha! I'm still looking for God in my house! I heard this quote the other day from The Nate Berkus Show. I understand that cleanliness is good for the soul and for my mind so I will continue to purge on and find God. He might have appeared in our closet yesterday?!
I didn't realize that we had such hoarding tendencies. I found one shoe from five years (last purge) no mate in my closet. Outdated clothes. Socks galore! (Paul's). and just plain Garbage. I decided that both Paul and I are expert procrastinators. (not something to be proud of but at least we can admit it). We sit on the issue of trashing, keeping, or actually placing it in it's spot. By George, there appears to be five years of junk in our closet because of our expertise!
I must say I'm getting better at letting go and trashing.
Yesterday, I purged 4 donation bags and 1 bag of trash from our closet!!!! [insert a choir of angels and an appearance from God]!
We now see the floor and have things where they belong. I laid down the rules to my sweetie and said don't put anything on the floors. We'll see how long that will last!
Next project is cleaning our bedroom. Funny thing is that my side will be easy to sort and organize but there's a certain someone who I share my room with (I won't mention any names here but) I suspect a long and treacherous purge on his side.
Wish me luck!
1 comment:
Good luck Jana..go girl! I'm so proud of you. I find an enormous amount of accomplishment, satification & self peace when I have a room completely clean & organized. Now your brother on the other hand, bless his heart, has a huge amount of wonderful talents however cleaniness is not one of them...hee..hee.
BBJE
Post a Comment