Monday, November 26, 2007

Bullet Weekend

  • Friday, the kids and I had a carpet picnic downstairs and we watched Elf. Olivia really didn't watch the movie she played on her slide. Connor's favorite part is when he's picking the gum off the rails and eating it. My favorite is when he's riding up the escalator almost in splits.
  • Friday night, we woke Daddy up and had a meal at Arby's (that's what Connor was thinking) We went to the Country Inn and Suites a big thanks to my sister Jolyn and her husband John. (A check will be in the mail) We went swimming in the swimming pool and hot tubbed. Watched Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and enjoyed cable tv since we don't have it. Had a nice little breakfast and went back home, after Connor got one more swim in the morning.
  • Saturday, after eating a French silk dessert, I put on my i-pod and scrubbed the bathroom, and our room and vacuumed all the floors. I think I might be nesting and I'm not pregnant! I was washing walls, windows, ceiling fans the whole bit. Also did about three loads of laundry.
  • The boys played video games and Olivia helped me clean once in a while or she just played and played. She and I read some books and I taught her what a teacher says: shhhhhh, so now she'll place her finger on her lips and say shhhhh.....this is added to all the other animal noises that she does. I wish I had them on video....there's the bear, cow, sheep, monkey, turkey, bee, owl, kitty, dog, car, duck......if she's not making animal noises then she's either saying uh-oh, ball, dog, nigh-nigh, num-num, Daddy or Mom-mom.
  • Sunday, Connor made himself his own breakfast: peanut butter and grape sandwich. I sliced the grapes for him. He concocted it all by himself. The rest of us stuck with eggs.
  • We went to church and it was our first time out of the cry room and everyone did really well! The kids have always been quiet, its the other kids that are a bit noisy. Olivia didn't want to wander like she usually does.
  • Sunday afternoon, Connor watched veggies tales and then he and Daddy played on the computer. While Olivia was napping, I decided to scrub the kitchen; walls, stove, dishwasher, cupboards and organized and filed the bulky mail pile. Time flew by.
  • Then we were off the Johnny's Italian Steak House for Grandpa Danny's birthday. Enjoyed the family and a nice dinner, (Connor ordered a 10 ounce steak and almost ate the whole thing, on the way to Grandma and Grandpa's he fell asleep, probably was so stuffed!) went to Grandma and Grandpa's for presents and yummy pies. (my diet starts today!)
  • Told Connor that he'll be getting his eyes checked on Monday for Lazy eyes. He said that his eyes are not lazy. I told him that they are checking his eye muscles. He said that his eye muscles are strong. I told him to go along and let them check him and just follow directions. This morning out of the blue, he wanted Daddy to feel how strong his eye muscles were.
  • That's about how our weekend went in bullets!

1 comment:

The Kennedys said...

I'm sooo glad you used the hotel room! Sounds like you had a good time! Please, please, please don't send a check..Thanks in advance for the baby stuff you are giving us :) Love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...