Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Netti Pot Novice

Okay, so I have a new thing....it's called the Netti Pot (no, it is not an illegal drug) a co-worker talked me into it. I've been having bad sinus problems...really it feels like there is cement in my sinuses, causing headaches, neck aches, pressure in the face, post nasal drip...okay, okay you get it......

She told me that she started to use the Netti Pot on her son and herself because they too have awful sinus problems. The Netti Pot was also featured on Oprah not too long ago (so if Oprah is up to it then why not us?) I guess she mentioned the Netti Pot to her EENT and he was all for it (especially since Oprah is for it too!hee-hee) Good for allergies (yep, that's me), sinus infections (yep, that's me), sinus discomfort with pregnancy (why didn't I know about that when I was pregnant?)......

So I went to the local Walgreen's and purchased my Netti Pot.....funny looking thing. Reminds me of Florence Nightingale's Lamp with a spout at the end. So, I filled this pot up with warm water and added the sodium and bicarb to it and held the spout to my snout and poured and tipped my head.........the weirdest thing happened. I felt a warm sensation in the front of my head and then out it poured from the other nare. Then repeat other side! Okay, a little bit of a feeling that I get when water is in my nose at the swimming pool but not so much burning. I've just done it twice now and it's helped my sinuses temporarily...I'm waiting for the great cure!

P.s. never let your spouse or children see you do this procedure...this is one of those things you do in privacy. I repeat, do not let them see you....I lock the doors, would hate to freak them out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...