It's been quite the week for C-man. I hope that this week will get better for him.
Monday: He had a good day.
Tuesday: He told me he cried at recess, but then he just stopped.
Wednesday: He cried when I dropped him off, and then he reported that he cried at lunch.
Thursday: He cried on the sidewalk to school then he stopped and said, "I guess I'm not as sad as I thought I was." Then he cried off/on all day. The teacher sent him to the nurse's office because he felt like he was going to throw-up since he got himself so worked up. No fever. The teacher then talked to him and settled him down.
Friday: He cried before leaving the house, I told him it's his last day and he replied "FOREVER?" "no honey, just for the week." He cried at the beginning of school and got the other kids crying. So the teacher took him to the guidance counselor and after he talked with her and read a book, he came back to class and he said he was going to have a good day and he did!
(The guidance counselor is magical! I wonder if she has a book out or will sell her secrets?)
After school on Friday, he told me he liked school better than home......whatever frame of mind he needs to have to keep him going and liking school is fine with me, I won't take any offense by it!
So we are praying for courage and strength this week for C-man.
No comments:
Post a Comment