Thursday, August 7, 2008

Yeah Me!

I took a risk tonight! Something small, but a big deal to me. Never have I thought to go to a movie by myself. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen someone go to a movie by themselves. Or I just wasn't paying attention. I guess I've always thought of going to a movie with someone or a group of people. A time to share with someone else. I've never had the courage to go by myself; how pathetic would I be? OR, how sad am I?

Well, I was talking with a co-worker and she said that she does this every now and then. She pampers herself for the day. She says that she gives herself a mani/pedi, then goes to a movie all by herself.

She gave me a whole new outlook on going to the movies per uno. So, I was inspired and thought that I would give it a shot. It would be some "me time." without the grooming, I don't have time for all that pampering quite yet. Well, I wasn't sure how to implement this challenge until it all just fell into place.

I was just finishing up on the audio book: "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" when I saw a preview for #2 on TV. Wow! This was my chance to try my challenge. I made up my mind on the date. Had a wonderful Father-in-law that watched the kids, and went!

So, now I'm having post-single-movie-celebration!

By the way, cute movie! I cried and laughed and cried some more..............ahhhhh, it was worth the $11.75..............(movie & drink)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...