Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kindergarten Jitters

So it's not really C-man who has the jitters, it's his Mommy.

I have the feeling like I did before I went on stage for school play; excited & nervous and in the end I'd be okay once in the swing of it.

This afternoon, C-man and I will be meeting his teacher, his room, ride on a school bus, and eat ice cream. That will be fun and we are looking forward to it.

Since I blindly signed up to be Homeroom Parent, I will be meeting other parents and the kids as they come through the classroom. I have to collect party funds and find volunteers for the party. My first approach is going at it gently by having sign-up sheets. Second approach will be more assertive by calling them. *cough, hack* From a previous blog, you know how much I LOVE the phone!

I called my older sister for some "Kindergarten Mommy Anxiety" advice today. She said it's like a virus and it will just have to run its course. So I'm just going to bear down and embrace it. She also mentioned that this ""Mommy Anxiety" will relapse again in 6yrs, then 3yrs after that and then 4yrs after that.........rest assured; she provided me something a good friend of hers provided her.

Philippians 4:13
"I have the strength for everything through Christ who empowers me."

(Paula, I have it written on a paper & on my refrigerator now. Thanks Big Sister!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...