Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Retirement Mom!

So my Mom has been working at the schools as a "lunch lady" and Food service Manager for over 20 years. Just think of how many mouths she has fed, how many names she has remembered, and all the changes that she has seen (food selections and clothing fads!)

I remember knowing that I would always be greeted by my mom everyday at school and that I would be getting a good meal each time too!

My favorite school lunches would be her mean peanut butter sandwiches and her delicious pizza!

So here's to my Mom who has touched many lives during her working years, kept a positive attitude always, and fed hungry tummies and growing minds!

Now Mom can enjoy hanging out with Dad, traveling, reading, gardening, and not have to worry about driving in treacherous weather to school to come find out it had been cancelled! I was going to add not worrying about getting up early, but I think she'll always do that...maybe she'll sleep in until 5:30-6:00 now!

Love ya Mom, I very proud of you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...