While I was reading the book, "The Shack," I read two passages that were quite profound to my heart. You know those a-ha! moments that you have when you read something.....or sometimes it's a feeling of peace. After finishing this wonderful book...I searched and searched to find the two passages that I loved and I read them over and over.
pg. 187............ Papa (God) was talking to the character in the book. "Mack, just because I work incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesn't mean I orchestrate the tragedies. Don't ever assume that my using something means I caused it or that I needed it to accomplish my purposes. That will only lead you to false notions about me. Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors."
This seemed to ultimately answer my question, why do bad things happen to good people? I see this so many times in the health care institution. Bad things being awful debilitating illnesses and diseases..........it was very reassuring to read this and say "a-ha!" and thank God!
P. 193......this is the second passage that spoke to my heart when Papa (God) was talking to the character again. "Mackenzie, my purposes are not for my comfort, or yours. My purposes are always and only an expression of love. I purpose to work life out of death, to bring freedom out of brokenness and turn darkness into light. What you see as chaos, I see as a fractal. All things must unfold, even though it puts all those I love in the midst of a world of horrible tragedies-even the one closest to me."
This just tells simply: GOD is LOVE.............He has showed us over and over how much he loves us and his greatest gift is Jesus and how he died for our salvation.
other themes this book explored was forgiveness and reconciliation......if you're at all interested I now have the book read and ready to pass it on.
Or you can check it out at http://www.theshackbook.com
p.s. I read this book in three nights before going to bed....pretty easy read and a fast one.
1 comment:
I'm interested! I heard it was a great book! Maybe we need to start a blog book swap! Maybe I'll post about that!
Post a Comment