Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Festivities

Posing with the Easter Bunny at Botanical Gardens.
Petting the baby bunny.

So soft and cuddly.


Holding and petting baby chicks.



Our Easter Blessings!




Stop and smell the pansies!




On the way to the Botanical Center, we went through a briefing of Holy week.
I was greatly surprised at how much C-man remembered of the Holiday.
Palm Sunday: he states, "they cheered for Jesus and waved their palms at him. Jesus healed people."
Holy Thursday: I mention that he has his last supper with his friends; the Disciples. He states, "the bread is his body and the wine is his blood."
Good Friday: I said that some people didn't like what Jesus was doing and started to be mean to him. He states, "He was nailed to the cross and he had thorns on his head" Then he added. "there were two other crosses, Mom. One man was good and one was bad." WOW! that's what surprised me the most...I just really learned about these guys this last year. I explained to him that they both were thieves and one asked for Jesus' forgiveness and the other one still picked on Jesus...so yes, one was good and one was bad.
Easter Sunday: I asked what happens on this day? He answers, "He rose!" "Mom, he saved people, he's the number one super-hero because he saved our sins."
Yes, indeed my little man....yes indeed!
I don't really know how powerful all of this is in his heart but I think each year it'll strike him a bit differently like it does to mine. I only pray that he and Miss-O allow Jesus to come into their hearts and accept the miracles God has provided them and will continue to provide them.

2 comments:

ShelliGib said...

I love their little outfits!

The Kennedys said...

Cute, cute, cute pics! My little neice and nephew are getting so grown-up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...