First day of RE was yesterday, here goes the conversation after picking C-Man up:
Me: How was RE?
C: BOOORING!
a little later while in the car......
C: Mom, how many gods are there?
Me: Just one GOD.
C: Whoa! he watches ALL of us?
Me: He's mighty and powerful.
C: How big is God?
Me: Well, let me put it this way, "He's got the whole world in his hands."
C: WHOA! He's that big?!?! When was God born?
Me: (after some deliberation......) That's a good question, I'm not sure if he was ever born, I just know that he is and that he created the earth and all that....
C: Oh my goodness!
Me: I'll read it to you from the bible tonight.
C: Yes, I want to read all I can about God!
Me: (BIG PROUD SMILE)
C: Does God sleep?
Me: nope, he's always awake and will always be there for you.
C: Do angels sleep? When I go to heaven, will I sleep?
Me: those are good questions, I suppose you can do what you want to do in heaven and maybe angels sleep or maybe they don't so they can watch over us all the time.
C-man: Is our heart big enough to love God?
Me: oh yes, and our heart is big enough to love Jesus and everyone else that we love...
C-man: Oh my! Is Jesus God?
Me: yes, God wanted to be human-like so he made Jesus and he died on the cross to save our sins.
C-man: So, God is our #1 super-hero and then Jesus is another super-hero....
Me: yes.
the conversation ended when we opened the door to the house.....SO, RE might be BOOORING, but I know that it provoked some thinking on his part and I was happy to have that conversation......hopefully his questions won't be much harder, or I'm going to have to research OR, we're going to have to set up an appointment with Father Gregg.
3 comments:
Oh man! Good answers! I don't know how I would have answered some of those!
Oh yes the ??'s will keep getting deeper. When I was teaching 2nd grade the kids were given bibles and we were learning about our bibles so that we were comfortable finding verses, stories etc. I shared with the kids that God didn't actually write the bible himself, but that God inspired others to document their accounts of His words and stories. We then learned that there are 66 books (39-old, 27-new) etc. A young boy raised his hand and asked.."why did God stop inspiring people to write books of the bible?" Zach felt that there should be many more books because after all Jesus was born like over 2000 yrs ago, so why doesn't God want there to be more than 66 books? Whoa! I don't know, I never thought about it that way.
Paula, that's a good one......isn't it great what wonderful minds kids have?? Oh, to only think like they do......
Post a Comment