Saturday, November 5, 2011

Brunch Time!

 Stuffed French Toast Casserole with Fruit

Ingredients:
10 slices of firm bread (whole or cubed)
8 oz. cream cheese cubed
10-12 eggs beaten
1/2 c. syrup
2 c. milk or half-n-half
1 tsp. cinnamon
1tsp. vanilla
Fruit, your preference-strawberries, peaches, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc.

Directions:
Butter 9x13 baking dish. Layer half of bread slices, cover with cream cheese and then layer your choice of fruit.  Cover with remaining bread.  Blend eggs, milk, syrup, cinnamon and vanilla and pour over bread; cover and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven and bake @ 375 for 45 min. to one hour.
Modifications:  I modified the bread because we didn't have any firm bread available.  I used cinnamon raisin bread because it has a firmness to it when buying straight from the store.  I also decided to keep the bread slices whole so I could cut corners with time.  My fruit selections were apples and blueberries.  The apples come from a can of pie filling and the blueberries are fresh.  It will be interesting how the two different fruits will turn out.  I'm making these casseroles for a family brunch tomorrow morning.  The loving family I am thankful for will be the first to taste my casseroles and at least they'll be the first to forgive me if they don't turn out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...