Day One: Thirty Days of Thankfulness
Being this month is Thanksgiving month, I've decided to pour out my gratitude for the next thirty days. Not only is gratefulness good for the soul but it is nice to rehash my blessings in this life.
Today, I am very, very thankful for my husband, Paul. He has taken on a lot tasks since I've been laid up with my back. He does the dishes, laundry, floors, cleaning, and heavy lifting and he does it without complaining (at least in earshot anyway).
He's handy with the tools and repairing cars. AND he's an awesome Dad; playing, reading, joking, and staying involved in the kids' lives.
Not only am I thankful for his physical capabilities but I'm grateful for his logic and intelligence. He's my yin to my yang, carrots to my peas, peanut butter to my jelly! (you get the picture, right?). Anyway, he has a way of balancing out our lives together, and I hope I do vice versa.
It's all these talents that he has and his character which makes me love him everyday. I know that Paul is a blessing in my life; he treats me with love and respect and is a great friend and confidante. I couldn't ask for anything more!
No comments:
Post a Comment