Day 3: Thirty Days of Thankfulness
Today I'm so thankful for my chiropractor! He's given me a sense of hope today that my back may actually heal and that I may be able to participate in normal activities. Could it be coincidence that the name of his practice is Hope Chiropractor, hmmmm . . .?
I've been doctoring this back issue since the end of August (if you're really counting and following my blog, you know that I've been doctoring my back frequently for the last five years). Some of it on my own because I'm a stubborn nurse and believe that I can help myself. Other parties include my chiropractor, a physician from my doctor's clinic, a pain specialist, my nurse practitioner, and maybe the physical therapist office if they ever call back about a TENS unit. In addition, I've spoke with a physical therapist at my gym regarding some one-on-one aqua therapy that they offer there.
However, today is the first day that I'm not feeling muscle spasms or that ice pick in my back [knock on wood!]. The chiropractor actually explained why I get the intermittent muscle spasms and intermittent burning and tingling sensations into my hips or toes or down one leg.
It's so nice that he understands and has the time to explains things to me so that I understand (it probably helps that he also stood up for my husband in our wedding [wink]).
He's going to do some intense therapy 3x/week for the next two weeks.
So, I may just be thankful on those days too!
I've realized that conservative treatment stinks and is a great test of patience, but if it can delay me from having surgery I'm all for it (until next time that I'm in pain, which could be any minute of the day . . .)
No comments:
Post a Comment