Friday, November 11, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness

Day 10:  Water!

Today I'm so thankful that my babes are fearless in water.  I'm grateful that they are able to take swimming lessons at anytime of the year and learn the skills they need to be safe.  Olivia has been taking swimming lessons this week and she's doing a great job!  She's the youngest and smallest one in Level One and has to stand on her tippy-toes or hold on to the edge but it doesn't bother her.  Connor will be in level four (is there such a level or is he telling me a fib?) in the spring time.

I took about three years of swimming lessons and after remaining in Level One, I forfeited until I was in college and took private lessons.  Something that I'm so glad that I did.  I at least have more comfort in the water and can swim.  However, I know my limits and will use a life jacket whenever possible (one time I used one when I was pregnant with Olivia and knee deep in Washburn Lake! Ha!).

Water has also been part of my back rehabilitation and I'm loving it; getting in the lap pool now and ending in the whirlpool, mmmm . . . something very therapeutic about water.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...