Wednesday, May 28, 2008

12 more days....


Five years ago today, I was impatiently waiting for our first baby to be born. May 27th was the due date, but I hadn't even budged in dilating or anything. I remember the Dr. saying that we would see them next week. UGH! Never did I know that I would be waiting another 12 days for my baby to be born. I think I cried at the end of each day; thinking THIS will be the day......notta!

during this time period:

Paul and I took a drive in his Jeep to Wal-mart to get some plants to pot, thinking that the bumpy ride would do the trick.


My older sister said that she heard Olive Garden has good chances....tried it, got some indigestion instead.


Finally, the last appointment I had they decided that being almost 2 weeks past due was enough and baby was growing, so We came in on a Sunday evening to be induced the next day. I didn't need to have "pit" I went into labor on my own around midnight....now I had already been sedated with the sleeping pill Ambien prior to this so I slept through my labor pains that early morning.. (ask Paul about his sleep that night)....and also had a shot of Morphine/phenergan after labor started.......but I was lucid enough to hear "4 cm" and asked for the epidural......

yep, that's what first time jitters did to me, I wanted it all....give me comfort!


So, 7 and a half hours later, our beautiful blue baby was born......(.he had the cord wrapped around his neck twice.....) they laid him on my chest for a very short time and when I looked into those bright, knowing eyes......I knew everything would be alright.


He sure is! 12 more days and that baby will be 5 years old! He will officially be a kindergartner! AND he's ready; He knows his address, working on the telephone number, counts to 100, counts to 100 by tens, counts to 10 in Spanish, knows the alphabet phonetically, starting to write words creative artist, loves to socialize, and kids love him.

He just pinkie=promised me tonight that when he turns 5, he'll wipe his own behind! Hopefully, by the end of the summer he'll have his big bike riding accomplished too!


WOW! How did these five years fly by so fast????

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...