Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Prayers to the Tornado Survivors









My sister in law emailed me some very interesting storm picture slide shows from people who know people who actually live in the area where the Tornado touched this past weekend. I also have family in the Parkersburg and New Hartford area and Thank God they are okay.

My memory of the two tornadoes that touched our farm are scary and freaky but not a bit as harsh and devastating as this F4-F5 Tornado. They were saying that belongings from this storm were discovered in Wisconsin.
I'll never forget Mother's Day, when I looked outside the windows at the eery green sky and the wind picked up and I wondered why there were so many birds flying from the barn, when really it was shingles flying off the barn and the next thing I knew we all took cover in the basement. It uprooted a few trees, took some buildings, and our pig building's roof was dropped off a mile north of us.
The second tornado, I was on a date with Rene', the foreign exchange student and when I got home from the date, the dog house was blown across the yard, the brick garage was sitting on our van and the barn was twisted off it's foundation, and the pig feeder lid landed in our living room window.
Strange things happen with tornadoes, but the most important thing is that everyone is okay, things can be replaced, not people.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...