
This am, C,O, and I went to the library and checked out the Butterfly lady. She has her own butterfly farm....it's quite amazing how she does it. C learned about the stages of the butterfly; even though it was more reinforcement than learning......He had to give his input when there was conversation about milkweeds. "Yah, milkweeds are poisonous but not to Monarchs and when they eat the milkweed, Monarchs become poisonous to birds."
He was delighted to see a Praying Mantis in our backyard yesterday. He also discovered a shell from where a Cicada molted from. I asked what the process is called and he answered, "Metamorphosis!"
This Friday, we'll be going on a bug hunt behind the Library.
Miss O was not so into the butterflies, but did meet another girl with her same name and they walked hand in hand. I asked her if she has a new friend and she answers, "I holda her hand."
He was delighted to see a Praying Mantis in our backyard yesterday. He also discovered a shell from where a Cicada molted from. I asked what the process is called and he answered, "Metamorphosis!"
This Friday, we'll be going on a bug hunt behind the Library.
Miss O was not so into the butterflies, but did meet another girl with her same name and they walked hand in hand. I asked her if she has a new friend and she answers, "I holda her hand."
No comments:
Post a Comment