Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Diggin' for Dinosaurs

We made our way to the Science Center on Monday and checked out the new Dinosaur display. Highlights of the center would be when the kids got to get down and dirty and act like archeologists......digging, sweeping, and dusting for dinosaur bones.
C-man was proud that he found a new bump in the dirt!
One of the favorite exhibit.....
Miss-O loved the bubble vats even though they didn't make the large bubbles in the air, she just loved playing in the tiny bubbles.
Here's the largest meat eating dinosaur a Gigonotsaurus

Eureka! They have found it!

I confess, I am a science nerd...I love it, and am fascinated with it...I remember taking old science text books from school and doing all the science experiments in them. I especially loved the human body and A&P..................Biology in College was awesome doing fun experiments, cutting open cats, eye balls, frogs, etc. Chemistry was fun too. but only lab....I hated everything that was mathematical about it......So, when I found that Nursing was my niche...I couldn't and still can't get enough of anatomy/physiology/diseases, etc.......it's so exciting......So, hopefully I'm providing some scientific insight into the kids.....I know that C-man is very curious and loves bugs, dinosaurs, etc. And miss-o has done her share of using cause and effect theory!

My favorite body part word= Sternocleidomastoid! Isn't that an exciting word? Sure a lot better than a muscle in your neck.......ooooooh, doesn't that give you goose bumps? I've got them....okay I'll won't bore you anymore with my science-nerdiness!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...